Duke's Coach K once told his players to focus on what was right in front of them- "get to the next TV timeout." I don't watch a lot of basketball, but I appreciate his philosophy. Yes, an NCAA basketball game is 40 minutes, but the longest stretch of play in a televised game is 7 minutes. A daunting goal, broken up to manageable pieces with clear, defined goals, something I'm striving to do. -Syd

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pictures, PICTURES

I promised you pictures so, feast your eyes on THIS! Between this one and my "sooo, I'm back!" life should even out. Totally in pain in ways that rival the worst post-workout ever, minus my arms. Had I been doing crazy upper body lifting, it would be awful, but going down stairs? Yeah, the first two are entertaining, but after that I get into a rhythm!

Anyway... the pictures!

I did a lot of hiking in the summer. Gotta love state parks!

Dressed up like a Pilgrim for the Thanksgiving Day 8k. See that leg ripple?!?!
Yeah, I was sort of zoned out for this one...


Totally "doesn't count" Jingle Bell 5k, but I was festive, and the socks got mad love!



Festivities post- Run Green 8k! I swear this was BEFORE my free beer!
Repping the mad crazy St. Patty's spirit with the Roomie!
There's... a reallly funny story I'll tell at parties behind this, but just know I ran across the bridge in the background, and that's my sailor uncle pretending like he ran it with me at 6:30 on a Saturday morning and yes, that's TWO Gatorade bottles in my hand!

Me, post Half :) Quite proud of this one :D


Here's to the next TV timeout!

-Syd

No comments: