Duke's Coach K once told his players to focus on what was right in front of them- "get to the next TV timeout." I don't watch a lot of basketball, but I appreciate his philosophy. Yes, an NCAA basketball game is 40 minutes, but the longest stretch of play in a televised game is 7 minutes. A daunting goal, broken up to manageable pieces with clear, defined goals, something I'm striving to do. -Syd

Thursday, March 31, 2011

1+2=3 for 4


Writing the title made me think of this song, and now it's in my head!!!

The No Boundaries run last night was a solid 1 mile, still doing 1 minute run, 2 minutes walk. Needless to say, that was sort of easy. Thankfully, there were 3 other women who wanted to do more, and, ta-da, at my pace!!! 

So off we went for 2 more miles, making 3 miles for the 4 of us :) A nice 5.6mph clip, while talking, made for a nice evening run.

Its literally taken me hours to write this, my brain is dead, and oh the thoughts rumbling through there. Let's just say, Gladiator training might just kick my butt...

Here's to the next TV timeout!
-Syd

No comments: