Duke's Coach K once told his players to focus on what was right in front of them- "get to the next TV timeout." I don't watch a lot of basketball, but I appreciate his philosophy. Yes, an NCAA basketball game is 40 minutes, but the longest stretch of play in a televised game is 7 minutes. A daunting goal, broken up to manageable pieces with clear, defined goals, something I'm striving to do. -Syd

Friday, March 4, 2011

Vacay Post

I'm on a vacation that's half Fred/half Family- my favorite kind :)

Can you guess where I am?

My niece took a "sick" day to come running with me after bragging about her 5k that she did in under 24 minutes. But after mile 1, I had time to snap these while I danced along to reaaallly good Disney Pandora.

"Crap, Aunt Sydney, you can kick my butt!" she told me at the end ;) She knows nothing of the hills in North Carolina, so the mild ascent I had to do was no big. I stopped after about a mile and a half to hang with her, then ran back the last 1/2 mile of the loop around the golf course. When I was running, I was comfortable at a 6.2mph pace.

This weekend is going to be craziness, but I can't wait to come back and run this on Monday, and possibly even Tuesday, morning before I fly back to my real life!

Off to get pedicures and brunch in Boulder City!

Here's to the next TV timeout!


-Syd

No comments: