Duke's Coach K once told his players to focus on what was right in front of them- "get to the next TV timeout." I don't watch a lot of basketball, but I appreciate his philosophy. Yes, an NCAA basketball game is 40 minutes, but the longest stretch of play in a televised game is 7 minutes. A daunting goal, broken up to manageable pieces with clear, defined goals, something I'm striving to do. -Syd

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Antlers and fuzzy socks :)

So I'm a few days behind now (oh the exciting Christmas story I have for you!) but  have an awesome run story :) 

Remember how I said my mom could outrun me? Yeah... SPOILER ALERT! We went to the running store where I got my shoes and did their Tuesday night group run. The 1.5 mile route we did was designed to show off decorated houses. They also had a competition for the best dressed runners. Even with costumes like this (please note the ever-fabulous ugly Christmas sweaters), we didn't get honorable mentions. But we did get some good ideas :) 

Like I said, it was a 1.5 mile route and I have no clue how long it took, but it was fun to do :) I lost my mom some time around the half way mark. No clue how long it took, but getting back into "running with other people" was a nice change of pace :) 
Now that I've done this run with someone, I'm way less intimidated to do other runs at the store. They've got a lot that I can do now, and even more to look forward to. 8 miles at 8 min pace anyone???

Hope you're staying warm and safe and, as always, here's to the next TV timeout :)

-Syd

Have a safe and happy holiday season, from me, Lucy and my mom :)

No comments: