Duke's Coach K once told his players to focus on what was right in front of them- "get to the next TV timeout." I don't watch a lot of basketball, but I appreciate his philosophy. Yes, an NCAA basketball game is 40 minutes, but the longest stretch of play in a televised game is 7 minutes. A daunting goal, broken up to manageable pieces with clear, defined goals, something I'm striving to do. -Syd

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Exploring the Mountains



As KR told me, "it counts for exercise if you're walking around a lot!" Mom and I went to the mountains to visit "America's Largest Home"and see the *interesting* city that is Asheville, NC. The downtown is super hilly (no pictures) and even walking around the grounds and structure of Biltmore gives your legs and knees a workout, with the ups and downs. We got to tour 4 stories of the mansion at night, all decorated for Christmas. Mom and I went back to the grounds the next day to see the mountain view from the house and explore the conservatory. What can I say? The plant nerd in me appreciated their hard work :D

Overall, Asheville was *soooo* not my cup of tea, but the house and grounds of Biltmore were amazing, spending time with my mom is always neat, and I got that box checked off my list!

Here's to the next TV Timeout!

-Syd


No comments: