Duke's Coach K once told his players to focus on what was right in front of them- "get to the next TV timeout." I don't watch a lot of basketball, but I appreciate his philosophy. Yes, an NCAA basketball game is 40 minutes, but the longest stretch of play in a televised game is 7 minutes. A daunting goal, broken up to manageable pieces with clear, defined goals, something I'm striving to do. -Syd

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Still Sick :(

As the title says... I am still sick :[ I swear, this evil little bug KNEW I was planning on finally getting active, going for a run either tonight or tomorrow and so it knocked up the intensity of my cough again! I had the runny nose and body aches, but those are gone. Once again, its this darn evil stubborn cough. The general rule of thumb for exercising is that you should take it easy when you have symptoms below the neck. However, a week of doing that was driving me stir-crazy!!! 

"Don't make me go on this walk!!!"
Hearing my mom's voice in my head tonight, I looked at Lucy, apologized, and dragged her out for a nice walk. Yep, just a walk. Earbud in one ear, gloves on to protect from the "cold" and a nice excuse for her to stop sleeping and me to get out of the house. It was quite a nice ego booster- no makeup, hair hastily thrown back and random clothes to keep warm led to me getting honked and waved at by 3 cars. I wonder if they thought I was someone else?!

 It was nice and light when we left, but by the time Lucy started doing her "oh! THIS IS TOTALLY THE WAY HOME!" trot, the sun was down, the mercury went the way of the sun, and I may or may not have been skipping to keep warm and make the door appear sooner as we neared home.

Being sick is seriously bringing all of me down :( I'm ready to be healthy, to get out and keep doing something- anything! With the cough as evil sounding as what I have now, going to group classes doesn't really feel like an option either. People would fear my germs, and rightly so!

Anyway, at least I got out, did something?!

Here's to the next TV timeout!

-Syd

No comments: