Duke's Coach K once told his players to focus on what was right in front of them- "get to the next TV timeout." I don't watch a lot of basketball, but I appreciate his philosophy. Yes, an NCAA basketball game is 40 minutes, but the longest stretch of play in a televised game is 7 minutes. A daunting goal, broken up to manageable pieces with clear, defined goals, something I'm striving to do. -Syd

Thursday, February 24, 2011

A new partner

Last week, I went over to our neighbor's house to talk about something, and the husband mentioned seeing me running one day , apologizing for not waving back because he had no idea what this running blond was doing waving at him! While we were on the topic of running, they mentioned how their relatively newly-adopted dog, Tessa, had tons of energy, so I asked if I could take Tess running with me some time. Lucy's top speed is no match for me anymore (hee hee hee) and Tess was a bit bigger. 

Today I took Tessa out for a test drive :) She's a bit frightened by runners, ahead of or behind her. It wasn't until the 2nd half of what I'd decided was a very quick 1.5 mile route that she calmed down, realized what this "jogging" thing was and that no, I wouldn't run way or mow her down, that we got into a rhythm. After quite a bit of plant, hedge and sign sniffing, that is!

Isn't she adorable?!

The short half run/walk got me my much needed vitamin D, but its time to complete a real workout for the day. Exercise TV on Demand, ho!

Here's to the next TV timeout!


-Syd

No comments: