Duke's Coach K once told his players to focus on what was right in front of them- "get to the next TV timeout." I don't watch a lot of basketball, but I appreciate his philosophy. Yes, an NCAA basketball game is 40 minutes, but the longest stretch of play in a televised game is 7 minutes. A daunting goal, broken up to manageable pieces with clear, defined goals, something I'm striving to do. -Syd

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Things that make me go run...


  1. Pushup babies. Let's be honest here.
  2. The defined leg muscles. Not just the calves, although seeing the side cut and the split calf muscles are nice, but when you get them in your thighs too :)
  3. Waking up at 6:30 and realizing the temperature outside is 50. Just 50. When you know that moments of late spring are quickly fading, 50 makes a warmblooded girl like me put on my socks and get OUT ZE DOOR! 
That was my story Thursday morning, and I was so blindly happy, I just went out the door with the music, no tracking app started. I went right up the baby hill, got to the end of the street, turned around and did the big hill until I hit the other end of the street. I always try to make myself go beyond the apex of hills, so I went to the fire hydrant, turned around, and hoofed it home.

The route was around 3 miles and I figured it was just a good "loosen up the legs, kill some hills" before Saturday's planned flat 10k. No clue on time or pace, and sometimes you just need to run, get out of your head. I mildly give up on getting out of my head, so now I just take those worries and pray. I figure that's more productive!

Up next? One of the most frustrating events of my life, which was followed by quite possibly the cutest event. Trust me...there's already 20 pictures of the cuteness!

Here's to the next TV timeout!
-Syd

No comments: