Duke's Coach K once told his players to focus on what was right in front of them- "get to the next TV timeout." I don't watch a lot of basketball, but I appreciate his philosophy. Yes, an NCAA basketball game is 40 minutes, but the longest stretch of play in a televised game is 7 minutes. A daunting goal, broken up to manageable pieces with clear, defined goals, something I'm striving to do. -Syd

Thursday, November 4, 2010

in which I don't run

Yep. A blog where I document running but sometimes you have to document purposely not running, like today! KR and I went to morning yoga, then had some quality time on the ellipticals afterward. I had planned on taking Lucy out on a walk to make her be tired, but smushy-face is getting off easy, thanks to tons of rain! She hates the rain so much, that when it's time to take her out for potty breaks, she goes down the steps, then around towards the house to the area under the roofing. Smart/lazy dog!

I got some awesome news today and am super excited for the upcoming weeks :) Getting the 5k conquered this weekend will actually make me more excited to work out. I'll probably re-start more strength (yoga!) training and other aerobics, like biking! I'm clearly getting burnt out on running, so a nice break from it, but not from working out, is in the works. Besides, I was checking myself out in yoga today- she told us to, I swear!- and realized my butt's getting smaller :) 

On to the next TV timeout- and my first 5k!

-Syd

No comments: