Duke's Coach K once told his players to focus on what was right in front of them- "get to the next TV timeout." I don't watch a lot of basketball, but I appreciate his philosophy. Yes, an NCAA basketball game is 40 minutes, but the longest stretch of play in a televised game is 7 minutes. A daunting goal, broken up to manageable pieces with clear, defined goals, something I'm striving to do. -Syd

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Unexpected weights...

I had plans to run today, but they were quickly dashed when I was asked to help out in the greenhouse. Once I realized what my task would be, I knew that my "strength training rest day" was about to go out the window. Dear muscles, I hope you enjoyed your 24 hours of no working out because that came to a SCREECHING halt! I got to empty Terra cotta pots into wheelbarrows, then take the wheelbarrows to the huge wooden crates, unload the pots, then go up a ramp to drop off the plant and soil mixture into an organics dumpster- over and over! That's always fun, but then we had to figure out how to set up and fill pots in a way that wouldn't clog the drains with soil. We got through one wheelbarrow full of soil, but a new fast system is in place :) 

After all that, I was SUPER tired! I thought about taking Lucy for a walk, had every intention of doing it, but I realized I agreed to make cupcakes for the roomie :) I bake, she knows this, and is a bridesmaid this weekend. The vanilla ones looked good... until I tasted them. How on earth do you make something taste like cornmeal having added 0 corn derived ingredients? The mystery is solved, although it wasn't really one I ever thought of tackling. And it was from a trusty go-to source! I can't believe she would let me down, PLUS the chocolate cupcakes from Hershey's, marketed as "no fail!" definitely failed. Cupcakes shouldn't look like little cups of goo:



 I swear. I can cook. I can bake. 

Tonight's just not my night...

but I did get a callback about a job I applied for   :)    REDEMPTION! 

Run is definitely on the calender for tomorrow. I miss those endorphins!

Here's to the next TV timeout!

-Syd

PS: Lucy looking evil picture of the day :

No comments: