Duke's Coach K once told his players to focus on what was right in front of them- "get to the next TV timeout." I don't watch a lot of basketball, but I appreciate his philosophy. Yes, an NCAA basketball game is 40 minutes, but the longest stretch of play in a televised game is 7 minutes. A daunting goal, broken up to manageable pieces with clear, defined goals, something I'm striving to do. -Syd

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Ouchie!

Title courtesy of the roomie. What you see to the left is what happened to my knees after I fulfilled one of my biggest fears when running and tripped, sprained my ankle, and came crashing down on the paved trail. That kneecap is all nice and swollen- a great look for the skirt I was hoping to wear for an interview on Friday! The knee's not the biggest problem though, its the ankle. I did pretty much the same thing in August, only I was on a wooded trail and I didn't go all the way to the ground. At least I don't remember the palms of my hands hurting like this. 

I was lucky enough to snag a doctor's appointment for this afternoon. X-rays confirm the bones are fine, but with the way that I step (supinate) and the fact that I've done this before, I'm not supposed to run or stress the ankle until I feel 100% on it :( Definitely not what I wanted to have happen today or at this point. Since its high in the ankle, it might take a while to heal, probably closer to the 6, not 1 week rehab time. 
Super bummed about this because I was getting back into the "alright, run with a goal" mindset. Maybe I can bike during this time? I liked my nice defined legs! I'll definitely have to do more abs/arms stuff!

Here's to the next TV timeout!
-Syd



No comments: