Duke's Coach K once told his players to focus on what was right in front of them- "get to the next TV timeout." I don't watch a lot of basketball, but I appreciate his philosophy. Yes, an NCAA basketball game is 40 minutes, but the longest stretch of play in a televised game is 7 minutes. A daunting goal, broken up to manageable pieces with clear, defined goals, something I'm striving to do. -Syd

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Art!




Ladies and gentlemen...

For your viewing pleasure tonight, we have the last 4 pictures I took as a 23-year-old...

In an effort to do speed work, I went to a nice little 1/2 mile trail that is flat. Well , mostly.

I call this one "bite me, hill!" My shins have been KILLING me post-runs recently, so, with knowledge that I just need to be fast on the flats for now, I decided to keep up the distance but nix any and all hills. Weak sauce, yes, but after icing my shin and knees tonight, I have faith in my later runs this week. 

I did the first mile with 60/30 second intervals runsofastyouknowyoucan'tsustainit/ jogandbreathe . Miraculously, I did an 8 minute mile this way. WHO AM I?!?!

With this latest revalation in mind, I call this one "gofast"

I was oh-so-tempted to just go back to the car after the fast mile, but seriously, an 8 minute workout? Weak sauce. Plus, I knew my daylight was fading fast, so maybe I'd get some pretty skies without the creepiness of being alone on a trail with just my cell phone freaking me out. The 2nd mile was just nice- I pushed and went faster than I wanted to relax at. The timer was purposely off for that. Sometimes you just need to run and time by yourself. 
Egads that sounded pretentious...

So here, look at the last two pretty pictures!

Oh, and I totally felt pre-guilt driving me to run today! I made cream cheese pound cake to take into work tomorrow for the big 2-4! Nothing exciting about this birthday. Is this part of being an adult? Having way less anticipation for your birthday?!

Boo hiss...

Here's to the next TV timeout!

-Syd

No comments: