Duke's Coach K once told his players to focus on what was right in front of them- "get to the next TV timeout." I don't watch a lot of basketball, but I appreciate his philosophy. Yes, an NCAA basketball game is 40 minutes, but the longest stretch of play in a televised game is 7 minutes. A daunting goal, broken up to manageable pieces with clear, defined goals, something I'm striving to do. -Syd

Friday, October 29, 2010

C-c-c-cold

Hooray! Once again (and maybe for the last time?) its COLD! Well, not cold-cold, but at least chilly-cold! The house is at 69 right now. As the first one up, I had the pleasure of shutting all the windows in the house to maintain what heat was left. And to think, I turned on the a/c in my car yesterday because it was raining but still super stuffy!

I convinced the roomie to come out with me. I had my little route all planned out, and I did it, but I definitely walked more than I wanted to. I'm getting there, but not quite at the pace I'd hoped, I still have 3 weeks to build up to 3 miles :) My GPS tracker decided to be fickle again, so I have no clue what my pace or time was, which is kind of freeing. Will definitely do Sunday's run on a treadmill- no GPS to mess up there!

The worst part of the run was the headache I gave myself. I realized I've been making a couple stupid mistakes (thanks Mr Clean!), including forgetting to eat real dinner the night before. Who says cupcakes don't keep you going?!?! I also didn't fuel up before going out this morning, and coffee only takes you so far! Definitely learned lots of lessons, so, like I said, actually looking forward to Sunday's run. 

With the roomie on the run came 2 other things: Lucy and a camera! Enjoy the pictures, but please, ignore my hideous "this is me, running and feeling like crap" faces!

Hooray! COOLER WEATHER AHEAD!!!

Warming up, just outside the house


Lucy!

Oh what's that? Yeah, I think I'm thirsty, too!

Turned around!

srsly...let this be done...

Oh hi. Sorry all the drivers get to see my tired face!

Maybe?

Getting there...

Hooray!

LEAP!

I have the superwoman outfit at home, but sometimes you just need to practice your flying form :)

Yeah. Typical running face. Not pretty at all :P


Random guy riding his bike...and the roomie's shadow of her taking a picture :)

Lucy. To scale :D
Here's to the next TV timeout!

-Syd

No comments: