Duke's Coach K once told his players to focus on what was right in front of them- "get to the next TV timeout." I don't watch a lot of basketball, but I appreciate his philosophy. Yes, an NCAA basketball game is 40 minutes, but the longest stretch of play in a televised game is 7 minutes. A daunting goal, broken up to manageable pieces with clear, defined goals, something I'm striving to do. -Syd

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Shiny Splinters

Let's start this out with a quiz (and yes, that is the distinct shattering of a broken iPod touch).
Did I break this ...
A- Dropping it at work for the 3rd time and completing the already cracked (but previously functional) pattern?
B- Running on a trail because I don't have an arm band and my hands get tired/sweaty and omg 30 minutes sometimes takes FOR-EV-ER!
C- Walking into the house after a long day with too much stuff in my hands ?


Sadly... the answer is C. Just a total blond moment :( I've dropped it a few times, and nothing major's happened, but this was from a pretty substantial height onto the concrete walkway from my car to the door :/  Seeing when the budget will allow for a replacement. Probably will get a refurbished replacement. I didn't like the touch at first, but since I got games like Angry Birds, I've gotten spoiled by the touch screen. The good news, the Apple man assures me, is that I don't have to re-buy the apps :) I think that's the only one I paid for and I have gotten way more than my 99cents from it!


My run today was pushed back thanks to the morning rain. Yep, I'm officially not that hardcore to run in spitting rain! I went after work on a nice little greenway trail in Cary. I have a distance/pace tracker app on my phone, so I used that today, went 2.58 tracked miles and had a pace around 12 minutes/mile.


I was *so* not feeling it. Afternoon, lunch was many hours passed, the rain had thrown me off my game and routine, and I could feeel myself dragging. I pushed it during one of the 5 min. runs and I know I slowed way down during the walks. 


BLEGh.... need to stretch out well tonight. I think this is me hitting a wall...

Here's to the next TV timeout!

-Syd

No comments: