Duke's Coach K once told his players to focus on what was right in front of them- "get to the next TV timeout." I don't watch a lot of basketball, but I appreciate his philosophy. Yes, an NCAA basketball game is 40 minutes, but the longest stretch of play in a televised game is 7 minutes. A daunting goal, broken up to manageable pieces with clear, defined goals, something I'm striving to do. -Syd

Monday, October 18, 2010

Laid Out

See Lucy up there? Yeah... that's how I feel when it comes to running these days. The wall has been hit. I'm officially moving into phase 2 of motivation by planning which 5k I'll be doing :) KR and I will be doing one Nov. 20th. We're debating between a Turkey Trot at a lake or a Monster Dash where there's a costume contest, despite being 3 weeks after Halloween!

With no iPod, I went to the gym yesterday afternoon, hoping to distract myself from the increased running time by watching the Vikes and 'boys. Alas... not only did my machine have sound so background noise drowned out normal talking and sound, but the one TV showing NFL at 5pm was way over by the weight lifting areas. I got to choose between 2 TVs worth of bullriding, X-game-ish stuff or talking heads. Utter ugh to ALL OF THEM!!! Working out on a treadmill, though, made me push my speed, especially during the walk breaks. 

Crosstraining is off the menu today because I'm giving blood then dragging Fred to the State fair :) Yes, I realize that demands more crosstraining, but I'll be concentrating on regaining the lost iron, hee hee!

No comments: