Duke's Coach K once told his players to focus on what was right in front of them- "get to the next TV timeout." I don't watch a lot of basketball, but I appreciate his philosophy. Yes, an NCAA basketball game is 40 minutes, but the longest stretch of play in a televised game is 7 minutes. A daunting goal, broken up to manageable pieces with clear, defined goals, something I'm striving to do. -Syd

Saturday, October 9, 2010

The neverending summer...

Its 78 outside now and it will be hitting the mid 80's today. Even stranger? It will come close to 90 in my hometown today- in CENTRAL ILLINOIS! I never thought I'd be happy to have it be cooler in NC, but, as the roomie reminded me, the cold spurt and then back to heat is part of Carolina falls. One day it will just be cold, until February when it will get warm for a couple days, go back to cold and then one day it will be 80 for the next few months. And repeat...

Yesterday was the last equal walk:run workout, so I upped my mileage to the full 3 miles, or rather, 4.98km. The roomie and Lucy came with me, and while they walked, I jogged as prescribed. While I was turning in 14 minute miles over the 2.6 miles earlier in the week, with the longer distance yesterday, I put in a bit quicker pace :D 

The Wolfpack are playing again and they've got a strong first half going, but we saw that last week, so NO hopes up! My Fighting Illini are in Pennsylvania today, too, but I fear what Joe Pa is doing to them!
Off to read more paper's for the thesis as I get pretty for a picnic with Fred, KR and others :) Oh yeah, Fred is my boyfriend, he's tall, smart, good dancer, and like me, wears shoes that are double digit sized :D His shoes are flanking one of mine, just so you can see how HUGE both sets of our feet are!

Here's to the next TV timeout!

-Syd

No comments: