Duke's Coach K once told his players to focus on what was right in front of them- "get to the next TV timeout." I don't watch a lot of basketball, but I appreciate his philosophy. Yes, an NCAA basketball game is 40 minutes, but the longest stretch of play in a televised game is 7 minutes. A daunting goal, broken up to manageable pieces with clear, defined goals, something I'm striving to do. -Syd

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Thing 3

Bad things come in 3's- right?! If this is the case, then I'm great for a while. After the losing of the keys and the breaking of the iTouch, I came out of the 3rd thing much better than the first 2! I was sitting at a light yesterday, when someone 2 cars behind me didn't stop in time, so he rammed into the car behind me who then ran into me. We pulled over into the parking lot of a gas station and the driver of car number 2 immediately got out of his car and started screaming at the at-fault driver. I called 911, got frustrated at their inane questions, waited for the men to stop screaming at each other, and tried to figure out if my jello legs were from running the day before or nerves from the shock. 
The nice ambulance that took away the injured party
All in all, there were 2 cop cars and an ambulance and fire truck that came to asses the situation. We got a driver information form, I realized the cop that responded was the same one from my crash 2 years ago, the ambulance took away the passenger from the middle car (I turned down a ride to the hospital in the ambulance), and then I was on my merry way. It took a couple hours, but I got over it, and the lab tech invited me out to dinner with her husband, so it wasn't that bad!

Campus was crazy due to the open house this morning, but once I snuck to an out-of-the-way lot and made it to the gym, I had a nice easy 30 minutes on a bike to loosen up the legs. Nothing hurts from Thursday's run or yesterday's crash- major YAY! I'm on track to run Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday this week- a BIG week!

Here's to the next TV timeout!
-Sydney

No comments: